[LAU] Mac Book Pro or not

julien lociuro julien.lociuro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 12:52:12 EST 2008

 Hi Robert,

Thanks for your advices.
There is something I did not really understand:
> As far as audio applications go, if the application can use portaudio,
> jack or coreaudio, you're probably fine, but if it needs alsa then
> you're not. This applies to midi as well, which is quite a limitation at
> the moment, but will become less so as jack midi catches on.

With the above you say that midi & alsa will not work. But will not work in
MacOSX or on a Mac (even with a linux partition) in general?
I mean, is it possible to install linux (have dual boot: mac osx and linux)
on a Mac, and from a linux distro like 64Studio, use midi and alsa properly?

Thanks!

Julien