[LAU] Resonance (i.e., bassist jokes)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jan 5 04:42:53 EST 2008

Sean Corbett wrote:
>     On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 06:58 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
>      > david wrote:
>      > >> But how do you call the guys hanging out with the musicians? -
>     Drummers.
>

> I have to come out of lurking since there are demeaning musician jokes
> flying around....
>
> A boy began taking electric bass lessons.
> When he came home from the first lesson, his father asked, "What did you
> learn at your lesson today?"
> "The first four notes on the first string," was the reply.
> When he came home from his second lesson, his father again asked, "What
> did you learn today?"
> "The first four notes notes on the second string," said the boy.
> Another week went by, and again when the boy came home his father asked,
> "What did you learn today?"
> The boy replied, "Oh, I skipped my lesson today... I had a gig."

One time my guitar instructor (who was a well-known lead guitarist in
the local music scene at the time) told me that I played lead guitar
like a ... bassist!

Years later, the first band that asked me to join them wanted me to be
their bassist! I had never played bass before, but they were quite happy
with me playing bass! Still, I was glad we finally hired a lead singer
who also played bass - I much preferred playing keyboards.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community