[LAU] ArdourVST - Latency Management

Sebastian Tschöpel tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de
Tue Jan 8 11:29:25 EST 2008

Hello List,

I worked with a (jacklab) VST-capable Ardour version and some free VST -
plugins today and created some kind of a mic- channel strip with a
deesser, eq, compressor, reverb, etc. The problem is: When I bypass the
whole strip voice and music are perfectly synchronized. but when I turn
all the effects on I have a bad latency between the (effect-free) music
and the (channel-stripped) voice. When I use like 50 ladspa eq's,
limiter or whatever at the same time in the same channel the voice in on
time, so I assume that LADSPA plugins are either producing no latency
(which i cannot believe) or there is some kind of a latency management.

Is there something I can do about it (except delaying the other channels
which is basically not possible since the delay changes with the number
of effects)

my machine is based on openSuse 10.2/JAD1.0 and I build ardourVST,
following this link:
http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/Ardour_with_VST

thanks in advance

--