[LAU] No mic input after removing arts

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 02:18:44 EST 2008

Hi all,

A while ago, being annoyed by arts interfering with skype, I decided to
recompile my KDE without arts (I'm on Gentoo). Since then, my KDE does not
emit any kind of sound for system notifications.

The bigger issue is that my mic input simply does not `reach' any software.
Anything said into the mic comes out from the speakers directly. The volume
controls in kmix for the mic work correctly, however. How do I fix this? Oh,
I haven't tried to use the mic anywhere outside KDE..

Thanks.
Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net