[LAU] A pc without noise!

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Jan 14 17:46:30 EST 2008

James Stone wrote:
> You can get bits and bobs from here:
>
> http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/home?gclid=CMPdqu3c9pACFSFYEgodBT5t2A
>
> The main culprits in my system were the CPU fan, the GFX card
> fan, and the old HDD. I replaced the CPU fan, got a passive
> cooling solution for the graphics card, and bought some new hard
> drives.. It is still not completely silent tho and has more
> problems with overheating..
>
> Certainly not that simple!
You should also consider a quiet case. Antec sells B-stock, you might
find a good buy there (www.antec.com). Some of their cases have a nifty
system for reducing drive noise.

I'm finally replacing my remaining "with-fan" video card. It's a nice
enough card, but I'll be happy to see it go, it's just too noisy.

I've had no trouble with overheating with my fanless card, a GeForce
7600GS. Your luck may vary.

Best,

dp