[LAU] A pc without noise!

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Tue Jan 15 04:58:03 EST 2008

Monday, 14 January 2008 alle 21:23:33, Studio 32 ha scritto:

> Hey,
>
> My pc makes to much noise. :( I've two harddisk in it and I think the
> cooler makes te most noise.
>
> Will it help to remove one harddisk?
>
> What else can I do without spending too much money?
>
> Regards,
>
> Studio32

Hi

Facing this problem since my first PC...
You can't eliminate the noise completely without moving in another room
and still have a PC with some "balls"
You can change the fans, and this will reduce the noise for some
month(s) but the problem with fans is that they move a lot, and after
some time even the quietest fan start to make too much noise again.
I also built a rockwool "cover" for the case like you see here:
http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html#noise
Not expensive and it reduces noise a lot. Still, I haven't found
anything acceptable if you're recording quiet instruments in the same
room as the PC, especially with condenser mics. Try dynamics mic, move
away from the PC and point the mic's null at the noise source.

HTH
Ciao
--
Emiliano Grilli