[LAU] midi sequencers

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:18:30 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 5:33 AM, Geoff Beasley <songshop at bizmedia.com.au> wrote:
> desperately looking for a midi seq that actually works, is fully
> featured,doesn't fall over all the time and is native linux and is not
> rosegarden or muse or qtractor ?

Only thing I could think of would be to type MIDI files directly in
vi.  Actually, Csound is capable of creating MIDI files, but you'd
probably find it far less usable than the ones you listed.
Last summer a fellow got a commission from Google's Summer-of-Code to
add MIDI sequencing to Ardour, and he supposedly succeeded, but no one
has yet gotten around to merging his contributions with a stable
version of the program.

> anyone ?
>
> linux really need a good midi sequencer......

Linux needs a lot of things.  I personally think the need for a
usable, visual, flexible notation program is more acute right now than
the need for a good sequencer.  Or the need for a MIDI sequencer
capable of syncing to video.  Or a good microtonal sequencer (which
I'm currently working on).

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com