[LAU] OT: Couch in Finland

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jan 23 02:48:51 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:17:02AM +0700, Loki Davison wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm am soon to be leaving my exile in Siberia and returning to
> Australia, so Phat will hopefully see a new release soon. However, i
> need to spend a night or two in Finland on the way back. I'm poor,
> finland is expensive! ;) Anyone got a couch they wouldn't mind my
> girlfriend and I sleeping on for a night or 2?
>
> Thanks,
> Loki
>
> LAU/LAD the one stop shop for music, travel and advice. :)

I don't think it's that off-topic at all.

How are us free-software musicians to survive, if not for the couches of others?

I know a non-Linux musician who has been touring the world by staying on people's couches.  He just finished a US tour and is now hopping around Europe. If he's coming to your town, check him out ( http://www.thollem.com/calendar.html ). He plays piano, and makes very engaging chromatic modern music.

I've been trying to get together to do a duet with him (piano and Linux Laptop), but he hasn't stayed still long enough for that to happen. He's probably on an airplane right now.

Have fun in Finland.

-ken