[LAU] xruns with m-audio fast track pro on fedora 8 ccrma -> kernel 2.6.22 , periods/buffer = 3 , disable system bips and esd, and proper rtirq setup

Wed Jan 23 12:26:23 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 16:44 +0100, Florent Berthaut wrote:
> Florent Berthaut a écrit :
> > Florent Berthaut a écrit :

> > > Okay, i had forgot to turn off the system "bips" and esd (it
> > > reduced the number of xruns)
> > > And yep with -n3 i 've got even less xruns and it seems they're
> > > not audible.
> > > I don't know if the latency is low enough though, i'll test this
> > > evening with my drum pads.
> > >
> > > Thanks everyone , it's really great to get so much help so
> > > quickly.
> > >
> > Argh, actually i still have audible xruns. And i don't think i'd be
> > able to play correctly with a higher latency anyway...
> > Think i'll have to get back to ubuntu studio ... :(
>
> Actually after a reboot and some more tweakings, things have been
> running without a xrun for an hour now, even with periods/buffer=2.
>
> So finally, i'll stay with planet ccrma ;)

You might want to try the 2.6.22.x based kernel for f8 as stated
somewhere else in the thread. In my experience it has better performance
latency-wise.

What other tweakings did you do?

-- Fernando