[LAU] Soundtrack from recorded TV

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sat Jan 26 19:00:07 EST 2008

Hi all,

  I recorded this fabulous movie from the 1920s, "Faust" by German
filmmaker Murnau, as it was shown on TV.  It has a fabulous soundtrack
which is akin to bands like Univers Zero and Art Zoyd but in a lighter
mood so to speak.  Even perhaps an enriched version of The Residents.
In short, it's a good listen and a good inspiration for meldoci and
rythmic moods.  Moreover, according to IMDB it seems there are several
soundtracks, so it could be unlikely for me to rent the exact same DVD.

  I could load the recorded track into Kino and save only the audio (I
guess - I never did it yet) but that takes an awful lot of time because
Kino will have to convert the file and the movie last about two hours,
so that's a lot of processing time.

 My question is, is there an utility out there that will separate the
audio from the images of a recorded track and record the audio in a
separate track (possibly at a higher speed than regular viewing) ?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Al