[LAU] LinuxSampler or JACK or what is the trouble?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Jan 29 05:02:21 EST 2008

Hi everyone!
  I've got some problems with my LS. I can load smaller gigsampler (upto 650M
I can confirm) and everything works.
  But when I load my Old Lady Grand (1.3G) it loads perfectly, but when I try
to connect LS to JACK the following happens:
Linuxampler console:
Caching initial samples...OK
cannot complete execution of the processing graph (Resource temporarily
unavaila
ble)
zombified - calling shutdown handler
Killed
  The JACK console:
Noise-shaped dithering at 16 bits
jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd
Aborted
  what's the trouble. I just compiled JACK 0.109.1 (svn from today) and LS
0.5.1 (tarball). My kernel is:
Linux bach 2.6.23.1-rt11 #2 PREEMPT RT Sun Dec 30 22:43:22 CET 2007 i686
GNU/Linux
  I've got 512M RAM (no Xserver running), so mostly unused.
  I compiled my LS with 8 diskstreams min and 140 max, and max 128 voices, the
rest was decided by the configure script.
  Jack was compiled without a lot of drivers I don't need, and with
--enable-resize --enable-timestamps --enable-sse --enable-mmx
--enable-optimization-by-compiler
  I start my jackd with:
jackd --timeout 4000 -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -H -M -p 256 -z shaped
  I've got a 1.8Ghz CPU and my soundcard is an MAudio Delta 1010LT.
  So where would you suspect the most possible source for my problem?
  Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net