[LAU] SuperCollider goes wrong with jackd @ UbuntuHardyAlpha3

'2+ electriclightheads at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:29:51 EST 2008

ah yes
from Gutsy, UbuntuStudio is now like included in the original repo of Ubuntu
so i could apt-get almost everything i need for SC without doing
anything special
starting from a normal XubuntuGusty
(am doing very basic sine-wave things with SC so the old version is okay)

so i just became greedy and jumped to Hardy
to not make but apt-get some more extra apps
then came in was pulse ... but
since the problem i got seems to be only related to jack's bug
and pulse doesn't seems to prevent jack from working
hmmm doing the same as i was on Gutsy might be the way ... for a while ... ;-D

thank you for teaching!
thank you SC-dev-ppl !!!

--
'2+