[LAU] Large live recrodings ?

Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen sv-e at sv-e.dk
Tue Jul 1 10:36:52 EDT 2008

Hi and thanks for your help, it was more than useful

I came up with this solution as it is a non Linux geek which shall start
and stop the record-process

>>SCRIPT<<
#!/bin/sh
#script for using a graphical dialog to jack_capture
cd /home/sem/liverecording
while true
do
Xdialog --stdout --yesno "PRESS YES TO START REC"  10 40
case "$?" in
0)
jack_capture -c 16 -p system:capture* | Xdialog --stdout --msgbox " RECORDING IN PROGRESS\n PRESS OK TO STOP REC " 10 40
;;
1)
Xdialog --msgbox "Ok no recording started" 10 40
;;
esac
done

<<SCRIPT>>

I then made two icons on the desktop, one to start the script and one to kill it by killing jackd.

I admit it's not that pretty,  but it works and I hope it'll do the job saturday.

Thanks again

/Sv-e