[LAU] building csound from source - OOps/remote.c:70: error: storage size of 'ifr' isn't known

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:03:00 EDT 2008

Trying to build C5.08 on gentoo so that I can build the java wrapper
(to try AVSynthesis). Rcv'd the following error. Google turns up only
one search that didn't help.

usr/X11R6/include OOps/remote.c
OOps/remote.c: In function 'getIpAddress':
OOps/remote.c:70: error: storage size of 'ifr' isn't known
scons: *** [OOps/remote.os] Error 1

I thought maybe it was that I emerged SWIG w/o a 'java' or 'python',
but I set those flags and no change.

or,

if there is a way to create a java wrapper using gentoo USE flags,
that's much easier (I'm using the proaudio overlay). I set java USE
flag, but it didn't create the java wrapper. That lead me to compile
from 5.08 source.

thanks much!

brad
--