[LAU] General perfrmance question

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Jul 9 04:13:41 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!
   I just fooled around with LinuxSampler and ecasound, my favourite recording
tool. And I wonder:
is a system with 512M of memory and a 2.8gHz supposed to handle a running LS
and recording at the same time. When I stress LS alone (no recording started)
I can get it up to about 20-28% CPU usage and memory usage of LS was 82%.
There's no GUI on my system and not much else which is eating at the CPU and
memory. The other CPU costs are minimal, estimate of 4-6%.
   If that kind of system is supposed to handel my demands, I should look for
troublemakers, because LS gave me glitches while recording.
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net