[LAU] [ANN] jack_capture V0.9.19, Snd-ls V0.9.8.17 and Rollendurcmesserzeitsammler V0.0.4

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Wed Jul 9 07:33:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Hello Kjetil!
>  I just installed and ran jack_capture a couple of times. Sometimes it
> crashes with this:
> jack_capture[28116]: segfault at 08072000 eip 0804b1f0 esp bffa6c70 error 6
> Segmentation fault
>  Funny, now I tried it again, it doesn't do it again. The error message was
> something like:
> zombified
> JACK shutdown.
>  The setup was: LinuxSampler running and MPlayer playing. Recording from
> mplayer or recording from LinuxSampler with MPlayer finished.
>  The zombified error only came, when I hit RETURN ctrl-c respectively. So it
> didn't crash while working there.
>  Any idea why that might have happend? Oh one last note: I don't have
> meterbridge installed.
>   Kindest regards
>      Julien

Ouch, thanks for reporting. But I'm not quite sure what happened.
Is this the correct events?:

1. Started LinuxSampler and Mplayer
2. Started jack_capture without any arguments.
3. Pressed RETURN or ctrl-c in jack_capture terminal
4. Got the message "zombified" and "JACK shutdown"
    in jack_capture terminal
5. jack_capture segfaults

Also, which version of jack are you running? There was
a bug in jack recently which could make jack crash when a program
exited. (I don't think jack_capture shouldn't segfault even because
of that bug though)