[LAU] zynaddsubfx crashes when loading a new bank

Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 05:25:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 23:48 +0200, schoappied wrote:
> Everytime I want to change an instrument/ bank in zynsubaddfx (beginner
> mode), it crashes...

Zyn is not realtime safe and when it does something nasty jackd will
kick it from the graph, which it doesn't cope with very well. You can
try increasing your JACK buffer size, JACK client timeout or use
softmode (-s) as workarounds, but ultimately Zyn needs to be fixed. I've
said that I'll do this on the Zyn mailing list, and I will - just a bit
busy with other stuff at the moment.

There, now I've said it on this list as well.

--ll