[LAU] zynaddsubfx crashes when loading a new bank

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 10 14:38:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:09:22 +0200
Lars Luthman <lars.luthman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 11:47 +0200, MarcOChapeau wrote:
> > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a project already that aims to
> > > do this ?
> >
> > Zyn the lv2 plugin by nedko ?
>
> Yes, Nedko is porting the synth engines to LV2 plugins, squashing any RT
> bugs in the process. I'm less ambitious, I want to keep ZynAddSubFX the
> way it is now, but make it work reliably in realtime mode.
>
> Not that I'm against the Zyn/LV2 project - I'd love to have the synth
> engines as separate plugins for some modular goodness.
>

> --ll

While I can see the benefit of having the synth engines in LV2 plugins,
for me it is important to have Zyn as it is - but bugless :)

I've developed a number of sounds that use two, and sometimes all three
engines, and even a multi-layered one that uses a kit of four 'voices'.
I shudder to think about how complex it would become trying to manage
this lot as separate plugins!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk