[LAU] Looking for a mixer, 16+ channels

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 02:49:36 EDT 2008

hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> a good friend of mine is in the market for a mixer that is at least
> capable of recording a whole band simultaneously.
> He thinks that 16 channels might be a minimum for that, but he isn't
> exactly experienced, and me neither.

What's a "whole band"? My church band has two electric guitars, one
acoustic guitar, one violin, one keyboard; 8 singers; two wireless mics
used by the priests ... we use a 16-channel Firewire device and
sometimes find ourselves wishing we had more channels ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community