[LAU] Looking for a mixer, 16+ channels

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Jul 14 05:25:28 EDT 2008

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:49:36 -1000
david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
>
> > a good friend of mine is in the market for a mixer that is at least
> > capable of recording a whole band simultaneously.
> > He thinks that 16 channels might be a minimum for that, but he isn't
> > exactly experienced, and me neither.
>
> What's a "whole band"? My church band has two electric guitars, one
> acoustic guitar, one violin, one keyboard; 8 singers; two wireless
> mics used by the priests ... we use a 16-channel Firewire device and
> sometimes find ourselves wishing we had more channels ...

By whole band I mean a rather 'traditional' band setup with like,
drums, bass, singer/s, 1-2 guitars, maybe keys.
I would guess that 16 channels is plenty for that, except maybe
when one wants to mic every single drum separately.
His estimation was 16 channels minimum, it doesn't hurt if it's more.

Best Regards,
	Philipp