[LAU] Focusrite Saffire LE (2)

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Tue Jul 15 10:51:32 EDT 2008

Chris Wenn wrote:
> Hi Pieter and anyone else following this discussion.
>
> After some additional troubleshooting, I've discovered that either the
> Expresscard or the Expresscard adapter in my M1210 is the culprit in
> this problem. I hope it's the card, because at least I can throw that
> out :)
>
> I got desperate and tried out the whole setup in Windows (*sigh*), and
> it didn't work there either.
DELL has some bios updates mentioning expresscard support improvements
for some laptops, maybe that's the case for you too?

In any case, it should be possible to make it work on windows, or work
with DELL to make it work. Usually they are less reluctant to help
windows users than they are to help Linux users. They always seem to
expect that crappy hardware is due to the Linux OS.

> Interestingly, the onboard Ricoh firewire works perfectly - it's total
> failure to work at all in Linux was the start of this quest, so I'm a
> bit bewildered.

The Ricoh controller is a mistery to me too. I really can't figure out
what the exact problem is. In the logs you provided I don't see it
though. What version of the Ricoh chip do you have?

Greets,

Pieter