[LAU] headphones

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:45:23 EDT 2008

Back on Wednesday 16 July 2008, schoappied was like:
> > u'll have to verify the 50 euros part but assuming 2:1 then the
> > typical first answer for pop/rock type recording/listening is often
> > the Sony MDR-7506.  A bit bassy. (Understatement) A very good choice. I
> >
> > If you're more of a jazz/classical listener then I much prefer my AKG
> > K240's but they're typically a bit more expensive.
>
> Thanks. And if I say that I want to use it for practising bassguitar
> (and maybe guitar and keys), does that have influence on your advice?

The MDR-7506 should be just fine for that. They are pretty standard. People
like them not only because they sound decent, but because they take wear and
tear a lot better than most other designs. I've had a pair for 8 years with
lots of abuse from live shows and they are still in good condition.

-Reuben