[LAU] best hardware for pro audio recording?

b m otherbobby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:25:39 EDT 2008

I am going to build a new machine specifically for recording and producing
professional audio. I am somewhat new to Linux (and to building computers),
but I would like to dual boot XP and Ubuntu and gradually switch over to
Ubuntu for my recording projects.

I want to make sure all of the hardware I buy is Linux compatible. Does
anyone have recommendations for what to buy, or what not to buy?

Or, what's your dream setup for a Linux audio machine?