[LAU] best hardware for pro audio recording?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:46:20 EDT 2008

OK, then I vote for an HDSP 9636 with a Benchmark DAC1 for you mains.
Preamp inputs are up to you. The DAC1 seems to be an outdated model
now as Benchmark has added USB functionality so maybe you can get away
without the HDSP but I wouldn't know. Risky.

You could also look into the ADI series od A/D, D/A converters from
RME since they'll function perfectly with an HDSP.

Speakers, mics, etc., are up to you.

- mark