[LAU] monitor update, brief

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 10:05:35 EDT 2008

Greetings,

Just a quick update note re: the Westinghouse monitor. Flickering
occurred in three vertical bands that would make the hashing in an xterm
slider appear to be shimmering, an annoying effect that I thought
warranted taking the unit back to Best Buy. But first I decided to try a
few fixes, and while fooling around with the monitor controls I came
across an Auto Adjust that eliminated the flicker entirely. I post this
report in the hope that if someone else has a similar problem perhaps
they can find a similar solution on their hardware.

Btw, what's the best font configuration for widescreen monitors ? Most
things look okay, but some text looks a bit threadbare, as though its
dpi isn't great enough for the screen size.

Best,

dp