[LAU] OT: linux phone?

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Jun 1 11:38:59 EDT 2008

cdr <_ at whats-your.name> writes:

> Some of our chips or chipsets contain proprietary firmware in flash
> memory. For example, in GTA02 these include the Wi-Fi, GPS, and GSM

Right. It's preferable to run free software in firmware, of course,
but the openmoko platform is entirely free software. There is also a
minimum to what constitutes a computer.

Our computers contains a shitload of proprietary firmware. It is only
recently that you are able to buy some motherboards which are coreboot
compatible for the BIOS.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m