[LAU] avoid specimen auto connect to soundcard

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 07:07:26 EDT 2008

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Do you have Patchbay persistence turned on in QJC ?
>
> Yes, but nothing is connecting specimen with the sound card. Tried
> turning it off, same result.
>
> Or am I misunderstanding you?
No, you got it right.

I just checked my installation. Specimen 0.5.1 is included in 64 Studio,
and it does indeed autoconnect to JACK. The program takes no
command-line arguments, and no relevant option appears in the Settings
dialog.

IMO autoconnection should be user-definable, not automatic every time.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful about this problem.

Btw, maybe one of the current Specimen devels would consider taking out
the STFU item in the otherwise useless Help menu ?

Best,

dp