[LAU] rubberband and batch processing

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Jun 6 09:02:32 EDT 2008

On 06/06/2008, M-.-n <nostromo at arkaos.net> wrote:
> [...] a script that I run after I checked it looks right

In that situation (where I'm not totally confident of my syntax) I
generally just start off using "echo" or something equally innocuous
instead of the command I really want to run.

e.g. for the loop I mentioned in my previous mail, start by running

for x in *.wav; do
   echo -t 0.8 "$x" "${x%%.wav}-100.wav"
done

then if that looks right, just up-arrow and replace echo with
rubberband or whatever your program is.

Doesn't work if your first argument happens to be one of those also
accepted by echo, of course.  Also doesn't tell you whether you've
handled spaces in the filenames correctly or not.

Chris