[LAU] MIDI controlled slideshow?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 9 13:32:12 EDT 2008

Hallo,
Bob van der Poel hat gesagt: // Bob van der Poel wrote:

> > I can think of some ways to do this: You could e.g. use Pure Data with
> > Gem, or Processing with an OSC-connection or something like that. I'd
> > use Pd with Gem.
> >
> > Ciao
>
> I'll have to read up on PD. Know nothing about it just now. Thanks for
> the pointer.

You need Gem as well, if you want to display images. It's an
extension module ("external" in Pd lingo) for Pd. For a start check
out the Pd website puredata.info.

Note that Pd is a very powerful modular system and thus might be a bit
of a mouthful to learn at first. But in the end, all you learn can be
put to use for many other things.

Btw.: The amazing set ClaudiusMaximus played at the Linux Audio
Conference 2008 also used Pd, for audio and the primitive
visualisation of his live keypresses. It's available here:
http://www.archive.org/details/ClaudiusMaximus_-_Live_At_LAC_2008-02-19_External

Ciao