[LAU] RME Multiface Setup

Martin Horn martin.horn at ostec.org
Sun Jun 22 10:50:21 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Martin Horn <martin.horn at ostec.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get a RME Multiface working under Linux (ubuntu with RME
> > Cardbus on Notebook). At the moment I managed to get the first 2 channels
> > playing and recording by adressing them as plughw:1/ plughw:1,0  or
> > plughw:1,0,0. If I change the numbers to plughw:1,1 or so to adress
> channels
> > 3+4 it doesn't work.
>
> Have you opened up the hdspmixer tool? You really should be using that
> to configure your channels. I think there is an issue also that you
> need to open it up at least once for the audio to work properly in
> ALSA. The tool is almost exactly the same as the one for Windows.
>
> -- Brett
> "In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
>  If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
>  -- Jelaleddin Rumi

Yes, I opened up hdspmixer. And yes you have to open it to set volumes other
than 0. Channels 1+2 are working already now, but the other channels don't,
though the volumes are set in the hdspmixer.

I hope that there is anybody out there who has a RME Multiface working and
can tell me how to either configure .asoundrc or how to use the plughw:
command right.

Thanks for your help!
Martin