[LAU] Large live recrodings ?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jun 25 18:48:46 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:26:02PM +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Svend-Erik_Kj=E6r_Madsen_ wrote:

> Ok I've came up with this in two different terminals
> timemachine -c 8 -n LiveRec_A -p /home/sem/liverecording/liverec -f wav
> timemachine -c 8 -n LiveRec_B -p /home/sem/liverecording/liverec -f wav
>
> They show up with each 8 channels in QjackCTL as expected.
>
> But how do i sync them, or can it be done at all ?

Why not just use jack_capture? Simple. Command line. Easy. Efficient. It is by far my preferred recording "interface".

jack_capture should record forever, use nearly no CPU, and give you a WAV file with as many tracks as you have inputs. You can also specify with the "--port" command switch, which inputs to record, if you only want some of them..

-ken