[LAU] Large live recrodings ?

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu Jun 26 21:21:26 EDT 2008

Svend-Erik Kj?r Madsen:

> Hey
>
> What would you bee using if you should record a large music file in
> let's say 14-16 tracks ? Next month my band have a live-gig I want to
> record, and I am on the brink of letting my old and heavy ADAT tape
> machines be left back, and only bring my notebook and my multiface amd
> my mic-preamps for recording.

jack_capture:

jack_capture --port system:capture*

Or if you only want to record the 14 first inputs:

jack_capture -c 14 --port system:capture*

> Is it stable and secure to record in Ardour in one go ? I could raise
> latency since we're not using any kind of live monitoring from the
> computer.

Ardour is probably stable and secure enough, but
jack_capture is made only for recording so the
chance of unwanted surprises with jack_capture
might be theoretically smaller. No, seriously,
both of them should work fine, but jack_capture
is simpler to use.