[LAU] Envelope Control via Side Chain?

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:53:43 EDT 2008

Back on Friday 27 June 2008, Kevin Cosgrove was like:
> I'd like to control the envelope of one channel's sound using a
> different (the side-chain) channel's signal.  Is there a way to do
> this in Linux?  Ideally, the solution would work with Ardour.  But,
> I'll take what I can get.

You can't do this directly in Ardour due to the linear stack interface it uses
for plugins. You need a node based plugin interface that let's you route
signal manually. Both Om and Ingen work for this purpose, and you can use
them as inserts from within Ardour.

-Reuben