[LAU] Tool to extract audio from avi file

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:41:28 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Sebastian Tschöpel
<tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  Does anyone know a tool to extract the (mono i guess) audio track from
>  an avi-file? A cmd-line tool would be fine as well.

Mplayer/mencoder can probably handle this:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

A DV editor like Kino (although not command-line) can also split out
the audio stream from the video and allow you to extract the audio to
a separate file.

-- Brett