[LAU] Looking for a cooperation partner in India

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:09:17 EST 2008

Hi,

This may be a long shot, but here goes...

As part of a dance-interaction piece we are developing with a dance company in
Bangalore, we are looking for someone who lives in India and who is
interested in this kind of thing and possibly, if it all works out, tour with
the company.

I will be in charge of developing the code, converting the interaction
concepts into working code for the performance, so we are looking for someone
who is willing to delve into SuperCollider [1] enough so that (s)he will be
able to set up the system for the show, and run code during the show, and
troubleshoot if necessary.
Development of the piece will be over the whole of this year, and then in the
next years the piece will (hopefully) tour.

Any other experience with software (like max, pd, processing, etc) or hardware
(electronics, sensor interfaces, wireless systems) comes in handy too.

We don't expect to find the SuperCollider-expert right away (though that would
be great if we did), so if you are just starting with SuperCollider that's
fine, you will learn along the way.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested and happen to live in India,
to get details. If you think you might know someone or have good ideas for
how to find someone, that would also be great.

sincerely,
Marije

[1] because of the technology involved, linux or mac based