[LAU] connect qjackctl - synth - rosegarden

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Mar 4 13:54:57 EST 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:37:45 -0500
Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:13:49 +0100
> schoappied <schoappied at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, I've it working now, at least I hear sound :)
>
> Always a good thing!
>
> > I've first started qjackctl, then qsynth and loaded the soundfont. I
> > didn't do anything with connecting MIDI, I've no connections unther MIDI
> > in jack connections...
> > In audio and alsa I've the connections which are set automatically by
> > jack...
>
> As far as I know, you've got to manually connect Rosegarden's MIDI outputs
> to QSynth's MIDI input, otherwise, how would Qsynth know what to play?

If you load Rosegarden last it will usually make an intelligent guess
at midi connections.

It's first guess will be whatever hardware MIDI ports are available,
then whatever synth it finds first (depending on how many synths you
have running). It will try to assign these to sensible places - which
you can always override)

If you use ZynAddSubFX (which I use more than anything else), again
start Rosegarden last.

You will find all the audio and MIDI connections are sorted
automagically.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk