[LAU] [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Mar 4 14:57:51 EST 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:05, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:36:37 +0100
>
> Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > > The reason is that the process callback returns 1,
> > > and this should be zero. Which means that Debian Etch
> > > (and Malte's system) are using a rather dated version
> > > of jack.
> >
> > Is this something I could/should change in the source myself in order
> > to get minicomputer working on ubuntu 7.10, and if so, could you give
> > a quick pointer?
>
> Sean Bolton already gave a quick answer previously in this thread,
> here's a citation:
>
> ---
> The jack process callback needs to return 0 on success, not 1.
> Change line 794 of cpu/main.c to:
>
>      return 0;
>
> and recompile.
>
> -Sean
> ---
>
> I haven't tried it myself but others reported that it works.
>
> ~Philipp

I can confirm that changing line 794 as above does work on my Archlinux
install.

I have since created a couple of patches, nothing special, and can't get any
realistic piano sounds, but I don't think that this synth is going in that
direction. All the same there are some realy nice default sounds.

I have a question though. There is a  nice desktop icon in the tarball, and
would like to start minicomputer, and miniEditor from the desktop. I have no
problem with miniEditor because I can close it on the GUI, but the only way I
can close minicomputer is with a CTRL +C on the konsole where I started it.

Perhaps I'm asking a bit much here, but is there a way to launch minicomputer,
and miniEditor from the desktop, then be able to shutdown both miniEditor,
and minicomputer when clicking on the close (X) on miniEditor.

Just a questiion, and comments welcome.

Nigel.