[LAU] qsynth: errors

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:58:20 EST 2008

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> schoappied wrote:
>
>> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>>> i'm sorry but this setting is not available on qsynth(fluidsynth)
>>>
>>> however it's something of the sort on qjackctl
>>>
>>> sure, you must have jack running _before_ you start qsynth.
>>>

>> The error about connecting with jack is gone.
>>
>> But the one about not connecting to alsa_seq, no midi device stands
>> still....
>>
>> : Failed to create the MIDI driver (alsa_seq). No MIDI input will be
>> available.
>>

> do you have the alsa sequencer module loaded?
>
> try as root:
>
>   modprobe snd-seq-midi
>
> and to make it permanent on every boot (on ubuntu):
>
>   echo snd-seq-midi > /etc/modules
>
> byee

Thanks for the replies.

There is a problem with the midi stuff. I must say I don't understand
close to nothing about this subject on linux, but it seems that there
are some things which are disturbing eachother...

This is my /etc/modules on Ubuntu:
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

loop
lp
fuse

snd-seq-midi
But I'll still get those messages...

@Arda:

service timidity stop (as root) is not working. Command service not
found or something....

I also use noteedit and for that I need to load timidity. Is there a way
to set up the midi in Ubuntu which works with all programs e.g.
noteedit, rosegarden, qsynth etc. ??

My sister is a (semi) prof. musicians and she is using Finale 2007. I
want to look if I can set her mind to linux..... But things should be
preconfigured smoothly to accomplish this....

Regards,

Dirk