[LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Mar 8 19:03:30 EST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 2:58 AM, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am wanting to use the eeepc for a mobile sound generation unit,
>  but unfortunately the gfx card and sound card share the same
>  interrupt.

This is not necessarily a showstopper.  At least in theory.  Do you
have any empirical evidence that it's a problem for you?

I would think that if you can disable the VSYNC interrupt from the gfx
card, that it would be even less of a problem.  In my experience,
VSYNC interrupts on Linux don't help anyway - I've compared the
results with and without it enabled on both ATI and NVIDIA cards and
the display tears horribly (esp. when playing movies or moving windows
quickly) either way.

Lee