[LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 9 10:26:56 EDT 2008

Hallo,
Hartmut Noack hat gesagt: // Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Frank Barknecht schrieb:
> > All USB cards (in ALSA) have the same latency.
>
> Is that a fact? [SHOCK] So, if I use a Edirol UA-101 for appr. 550 Eur
> it would force me to use the same settings for jack (for 17ms that is)
> as my crude Behringer U-Control??

USB-audio-guru Clemens Ladisch on LAU in 2005:

  "Due to how the USB protocol works, all USB audio devices have the
  same latency."

http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2005/06/0200.html

Which might also mean that any vendor bragging about how the latency
of his USB device is lower than that of the competition is lying. ;)

Ciao