[LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

Alex Polite mylists at polite.se
Mon Mar 10 11:19:28 EDT 2008

2008/3/8, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  I am wanting to use the eeepc for a mobile sound generation unit,
>  but unfortunately the gfx card and sound card share the same
>  interrupt. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good usb
>  soundcard that works well with Linux/Jack, and is not too
>  expensive?

I just got myself an Edirol UA25 and I'm very happy with it. It works
out of the box with alsa and jack and  has two integrated mic-preamps.
It's supposed to be a 96 kHz samplerate card but under linux I can
only get it to do 44.1 kHz.  It's USB-powerd and you can get  on Ebay
for about 200 USD.

alex

--
http://polite.se