[LAU] Time of music in a seqennser

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 12 22:28:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 23:15 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> > 3) Can I use vst plugins without wine ?
>
> In a word: probably:
>
> http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/?page_id=4
>
> it is somwhat hard to install/setup in Ubuntu but should work OK with
> some effort. Of course the VST-plugs need to be open source to be
> rebuild as Linux .so-libs. Dlls  work with wine only.

this is a bit like saying you can probably run windows applications, but
oh, yeah, they need to be open source.

there are almost no open source VST plugins; those that are are
generally not portable to Linux as-is.

most users, when they ask "can i run VST plugins" mean "can i run
unmodified win32/x86 plugins", and the answer to that is "only with
Wine"

--p