[LAU] installing patchage

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Fri Mar 14 01:55:20 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2008 22:18:14 schrieb schoappied:

> Thanks. I'll go and check it and I think I'll visit your site more...
>
> What about making a *.deb of tuxguitar 1 and musescore (mscore)? ;)
>
> Thanks also for the info about the packages. Can a installed deb from
> outside the repo cause problems? If so, what kind of problems...
>
> Dirk

I have allready build the .deb from mscore. But the app have a problem with
application shutdown. I am only be able to kill it with "strg c" . So I dont
load it up. Maybe I found the time at weekend to talk with Werner Schweer
howto solved this.
And YES, every installed package can cause problems. There is no matter if it
from a regular repro or self-build. In sid often lib's cange there names and
funktions. If you dist-upgrade your system you can get warnings that some
lib's dont upgrade because there are application installed with a depend on
it. That make it nessesery to rebuild them against the new lib's, but it is
not so often. In this case it is nessesery to deled this apps, make a full
dist-upgrade and installed again the new build app's. That's it.

regards  hermann