[LAU] Time of music in a seqennser

Dan Easley daneasley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:24:39 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Cesare Marilungo
<cesare at poeticstudios.com> wrote:
>  Yes, there are also commercial modular synthesizers which are versatile
>  as well. But, again, I can express much more (and more quickly) with a
>  bunch of lines in csound than using virtual patch cords. The main reason
>  to have virtual patch cords is marketing.

I'm perhaps speaking out of turn, or addressing a different issue, but
I think one reason to have virtual patch cords is immediacy of use.

Much as I like guitar amps to have a bunch of tone-shaping knobs, I
almost always end up using my pignose guitar amp, which has only one
knob - volume.  For myself, the lack of options allows me to be more
immediately expressive.  There are many times I believe I'd appreciate
a similar lack of options in software solutions.

daneasley at gmail.com
http://burntpossum.com