[LAU] streming question

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Mar 19 09:18:28 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 08:00:24 Juan Fabián Simón wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i've been making some streming of ogg files with icecast2 for a local
> radio, and it's doing the job very well. But i'm planning to make a
> "true" radio program and i need to talk between tracks. So what i need
> is a software capable to pick audio (voices in most cases) from my
> soundcard's mic/line input and stream it to an icecast2 server.
>
> I've been trying to use muse from dyne.org without success. Does
> anyone had success with it or maybe with another software?

This is definately doable. How much hardware do you want to throw at the
problem? Do you have a mixer? What software does the radio station use?

Take a look at Rivendell for instance.

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/
http://wiki.tryphon.org/rivendell/index.php/Main_Page

take a look at darkice and how it can run on jack.

http://darkice.tyrell.hu/

Get back to me if you want to discuss further.

> Thanks, see you in the waves ;)
>
> fabi.

all the best,

drew