[LAU] [ANN] jack-keyboard 2.3

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Mar 19 10:33:53 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 14:44:15 schrieb schoappied:
> Edward Tomasz Napierala wrote:

> >> ghostess with whysynth is working... yes.
> >>
> >> tell me please what the most simple connection with jack keyboard to get
> >> sound.
> >
> > Either a2jmidid or "-X seq" option to jackd.
>
> Can you give a screenshot of the jackconnections in either jack connect
> or patchage?

Hello
if you click on the "+" befor the sytem (Input Ports) you can see all
alsa_midi ports you have. They all called "midi_playback_* " Now you need to
find out hwo is hwo. For example, if you start fluidsynth/qsynth and the MIDI
connect widget from qjackctl is open, you can see pop up a new port. That is
fluidsynth. You can simply rename it with a right click on it and rename.
Next time you start fluidsynth it will use the new name. Same work for every
app you use with no direkt jack_midi_port
Connectios work as usual under alsa.

hope it helps    hermann