[LAU] Audacious spawning jack audio clients

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Mar 20 07:39:46 EDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 06:19:43 Simon Williams wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 21:51 +0000, Simon Williams wrote:
> >> Hello everyone.
> >> Please could somebody tell me how I can beat some sense into audacious.
> >> It's the only xmms-style player I can find that is capable of using jack
> >
> > xmms can do it too.
>
> Not really.
>
> > it doesn't behave the way you describe it.
>
> Indeed, but that's because xmms-jack doesn't actually work.

teak at zriven:~$ apt-cache search xmms | grep jack
xmms-jack - xmms output plugin to the jack audio server
xmms-jackasyn - JACK Output plugin for xmms
xmms2-plugin-jack - XMMS2 - JACK output
teak at zriven:~$

There is xmms-jack and xmms-jackasyn available on my systems. I could never
get xmms-jack to work and could get xmms-jackasyn to work. (I haven't tried
the former in a long time though, I kind of gave up on it.)

all the best,

drew