[LAU] [Packet-in-user] album files (it isn't a troll)

frank frankpirrone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:21:35 EDT 2008

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 05:11:06 Frank Pirrone wrote:
>
>> Aha, Philippe, the man with the missing "e."  I have a drum machine
>> Roland DR-50 I believe, that has the ability to output its patterns and
>> songs as MIDI files.  I'll hook it up tomorrow to my MidiSport interface
>> and see if I can just pull them off.  If I do, I'll post them on our
>> project site and let you know they're up.
>>

> Does anyone know if hardware drum machines claim any sort of copyrights in
> thier supplied patterns?
>
> Are such basic parts even able to be copyrighted? Always? Sometimes? Depending
> on?
>
>> Otherwise, it's after 5AM here in EDT, so I'm not even going to ponder
>> your non-trollish stuff above!
>>
>> Frank
>>

> all the best,
>
> drew

Hey Philippe - it's a DR-550mkII
Hey Drew - there are no patents on paradiddles, for goodness sake!

Omigod...I swooned at the very thought:

USPTO#10987654321-0 registered to Microdruf®t of Redmond WA.
"any synthesized drum track that goes - boom chucka boom boom boom is
the soul intellectual property of MD®  Please read the Yoolah® for
restrictions on how our EyePee® or EP® may be used...conditions subject
to change and Remote Disabling® or RD® of any composition representing
an Xtension® or Derivative Werk, DW® of our EP®.  All Violateurs® or Vs®
will be prosecuted to the fullest Xtent® of the Law or MD-L®"

NO, the drum patterns are NOT copyright.  If they WERE, once my head
cleared a bit, I  would head directly to the USPTO and register every
damned note of the 12-tone even-tempered scale left unclaimed.  The
royalties descending like manna from heaven of that alone boggle the
mind, but when I PATENT the means and methods of combining my registered
notes RN® shit... already taken, I'll be rich Rich RIch RICh RICH beyond
the very dreams of Croesus.

Frank