[LAU] Jack problems on Dell M90

Nathanael Anderson wirelessdreamer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:45:05 EDT 2008

I'm hoping I'll be able to find someone else with a similar setup that has
overcome their problems to get realtime operation, at least in one
direction, with no xruns.

Setup:
Dell M90 (intel-hda audio)
Kernel 2.6.24 RT PREMPT SMP from gentoo pro-audio feed
quadro 1500fx with nvidia driver (i'd really like to keep this driver,
unless compiz works now with the nv driver)

I've tried multiple combinations of: irqpoll noacpi noapic pci=biosirq, some
combinations help to reduce latency, but not enough to be useable

I have GNX4 Guitar interface that works as a usb device, its almost useable
with the same settings the intel-hda card skips with.
I have an Opteron with sb-live that no no latency problems, and the GNX4
works great with it.

What suggestions for Frames/Period, Sample Rate, Periods/Buffer would people
reccomend to make this useable. I really just want to be able to mix and
output audio in realtime on my laptop with its intel-hda card, full duples
with the GNX4 on it would be an added  bonus.

If anyone is willing to look over the kernel config I can send them It,
didn't want to clutter the list with it now.

 cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:   20489426          0    XT-PIC-XT        timer
  1:      14552          0    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
  5:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        uhci_hcd:usb4
  7:       2008          0    XT-PIC-XT        ipw3945
  8:          2          0    XT-PIC-XT        rtc
  9:    2930465          0    XT-PIC-XT        acpi, uhci_hcd:usb3, nvidia
 10:        269          0    XT-PIC-XT        uhci_hcd:usb1, ehci_hcd:usb5
 11:    1627576          0    XT-PIC-XT        uhci_hcd:usb2, HDA Intel
 12:      16281          0    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
 14:      60131          0    XT-PIC-XT        libata
 15:      64207          0    XT-PIC-XT        libata
218:    1624641          0   PCI-MSI-edge      eth0
NMI:          0          0   Non-maskable interrupts
LOC:    5672972   14563710   Local timer interrupts
RES:    9766464   13228888   Rescheduling interrupts
CAL:      46404      41727   function call interrupts
TLB:      21123      35433   TLB shootdowns
TRM:          0          0   Thermal event interrupts
SPU:          0          0   Spurious interrupts
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Thanks in advance,
Nathanael