[LAU] FYI: ALSA information script

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Mar 24 06:04:41 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:48:22PM -0400, R Dicaire wrote:

> Did I miss something? Nowhere did it, or was it said, that anything
> gets uploaded anywhere without your permission.

Just run it.

When started it displays this text:

  This script will collect information about your ALSA installation
  and sound related hardware, to help you diagnose your problem

  See ./alsa-info.sh --help for options

  Do you want to run this script ?

  [Yes]  [No]

When you select [Yes] it will do its thing and upload the
result to http://pastebin.ca.

So where did I give permission to do this ?

This script will also update itself without requiring any
authentication. It's a big security hole.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia